Sunday, December 30, 2007

Not too shabby

Just a mere three days later and I'm already posting again...impressive (by my standards at least!)

A rainy Sunday morning. Coffee is brewing, Ethan is at his Guggie's house, husband still asleep...love mornings like this. Nice and quiet and nothing to do but pass time. The lake behind my house is active, swallowing up all the big droplets that have been so scant this year because of the "draught" here in Georgia. Adam and I looked at our water bill last night and were amazed to see the fruit of our efforts in trying to conserve water...our usage is down over two thirds! I'm proud of us. We've been trying to flush the toilets only when neccessary, turning off the water when we brush our teeth, running the dishwasher and washing machine only when completely full...nice to see that it is making a difference. And we've stopped watering our huge lawn. I'm sure that makes the biggest difference.

Eli's room is just about ready. Need a couple of lamps and decorations, need to put the mattress pad on the crib mattress, get a mattress for his "big boy" bed...which he won't need for a few years, but thought it'd be good to have an extra bed for those late sleepless nights or for when we get run over with house guests. My baby registry is updated (which I did more for myself to keep track of what I need to buy rather than a gift-giving guide...a little odd to register for a second baby but thought it couldn't hurt...plus my mother-in-law has more friends than there are people on the planet and they happen to be baby lovers and very generous).

I realized in getting Eli's room ready that he has more clothes for the first three months of his life than he will ever be able to wear. Realistically, I ought to return some and exchange them for bigger sizes but I justified keeping them by considering the fact that I really didn't have a chance to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I wanted (and after all we did to get to this point, it really is a shame) I'm going to make damn sure I enjoy the newborn stage as much as possible and if that means changing adorable little outfits on an hourly basis, then that is what I shall do!

No comments: