Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Does G-d Have a Mustache?

This was the question that Ethan popped on my half-way to school today. Here's the conversation that took place:

Ethan: Does G-d have a mustache?

Me: Hm...I'm not sure, Ethan.

Ethan: I know G-d isn't a man, but I think he does have a mustache.

Me: He might.

Ethan: Does he have a mouth?

Me: I'm not sure about that, either.

Ethan: Well, doesn't he talk to us?

Me: Yes, I think G-d does talk to us.

Ethan: Can you hear his voice?

Me: I think if you are really still, and you pray, and you really want to hear his voice, that G-d will speak to you and you can hear him.

Ethan: You know what makes G-d happy? When you don't lie.

So...all in all, I think a successful conversation. But you gotta love this kid...wondering if G-d has a mustache!!!! I'm glad to know that G-d is on Ethan's mind, because G-d has been on my mind a whole lot these days...even if it is just to wonder what sort of facial hair he might have, it certainly is a good start!

Cross posted from TheSlipakoff.blogspot.com

No comments: