Thursday, August 19, 2010

Something might be off...

....because dinner is prepped, the Rachel Zoe Project is on in the background, Ethan is up in his room playing with Legos and even Eli has stopped knocking on his door screaming at me to "peas open door!" when he should be napping.

...the transition to the big boy bed has not been as smooth as I hoped.  In fact, it's been somewhat disastrous.  My little Eli, who has loved his bed and gone to bed (literally) with a smile on his face almost since the day we brought him home from the hospital, now screams, cries and tears around his room putting on a freak show for me every night.

...last night (or rather, this morning) at 4:30, I heard him on the monitor and peered at the video screen.  He had turned all the lights on in his room (by standing on his rocking horse, er, giraffe) and was scrambling up on the bed, standing on it for several seconds, and then scrambling back off to go stand by the door to scream my name.  I really, really didn't want to get into the middle of his madness so I watched him from my end of the monitor and eventually the little darling turned off all his lights and crawled back into bed.

1 comment:

Cara Fox said...

Does no school mean you are making your triumphant return to blogging??!! DANG. Two weeks too late for BlogHer! But welcome back, anyway. : )