Monday, September 6, 2010

Tales of Holiday Weekend

We haven't been able to do all that much celebrating this weekend.
Eli woke up with the pukes yesterday morning, so we were among
the first families to be at urgent care on Sunday morning.
I thought it was strep - I'm usually always right - but this time I was wrong.
(He seems better today).

I spent all day willing myself to just get through the day until bedtime.
I made it, and then promptly went downstairs to do laundry, after giving Eli
one more snuggle.
As I unloaded the contents of the washer into the dryer I thought about how
sore my back was, how tired my muscles were and how all I wanted to do was
throw myself on the couch in front of the tv for a little 
while before going to bed.

Adam found me in the laundry room and told me to come outside.  I groaned.
I did not want to go outside.
Plus he was invading my space.  That is MY laundry room.

I was annoyed and aggravated as I pulled on a long sleeve shirt.
I did not want to go outside, I wanted to go to bed.
I made my way down the stairs to the backyard and almost cried
and felt a sudden sense of shame for being such a grumpy wife.

Adam had built a fire in our fire pit, put two chairs in front of it and
had brought down two wine glasses and a bottle of wine.
Music was playing, and he didn't seem to notice that I had
been horrifically grumpy just moments before.

I started to apologize and Adam stopped me and said,
"It's okay.  I get you.  You don't have to say you're sorry."