Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My little hero

My morning began watching a small worm flail around on the ceiling. How a small worm gets on the ceiling I don't know. I closed my eyes for a minute and when I opened them, the worm was no longer on the ceiling, but was on the bed, next to me. Not a great way to start the day. I fear all things creepy crawly.

My conversation with Ethan just now:

Me: Do you like worms?

E: To eat? (WHAT!???)

Me: No. To pick up out of beds.

Ethan gives me a look that seems to say, "You have got to be kidding me" and then says, "Well, where's Daddy to do it?".

Me: He's not here to do it. What if I give you a paper towel to scoop it up?

E: (Big sigh) Fine.

I hand him a paper towel and tell him where to find the worm. He disappears into my bedroom and comes out a few seconds later and says, "Well. I couldn't find him."

Me: He's right on the bed. On Daddy's side, near his pillow.

E: Oh that little thing? I saw that. It just looked tiny, like a tiny little caterpillar. (He squints his eyes and uses his fingers to show me how tiny the worm is. Then, he disappears back into my room and emerges a few seconds later with the worm in a paper towel.)

Me: You are my hero!!!! Yay! You saved me from the worm! Thanks, Ethan!

E: (Crosses his arms and looks at me seriously). Now Mommy, worms will not hurt you. They do not crawl on people so you should not be scared of them. They are just slimy, that's all. Okay?

No comments: