Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of the year

...and I am in nesting mode! I went to bed last night determined to clean out the junk drawer and cabinet in my kitchen. My blood pressure literally ratchets up every time I open up that damn drawer and my kitchen counter near the drawer is overflowing with the crap that should fit in the drawer. It is an eye sore that I can no longer live with. And then I have another drawer that could use some organizing...and my laundry room, G-d, my laundry room needs help....So you know what I will be doing after I finish posting this. I am going to attempt to limit the cleaning to just the drawer and cabinet but we'll see how that goes.

In knitting news, here is my latest project - a nursing shawl for when Eli arrives. The pattern is from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. It is a fantastic book. The patterns are very well written and for a fairly new knitter this is so important. I've made a few mistakes in the pattern but cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix them, so I'm hoping they blend into the complicated pattern! Despite the mistakes, I think it is coming along nicely.

No comments: