Monday, August 22, 2011

I've fallen and I can't get up.
Actually, I can now, thanks to my beloved chiropractor.

I fell down the stairs last week.
I wasn't even walking down them,
but rather, standing on them.
I was standing on one of the steps toward the bottom
and I went from standing on the step
to finding myself on my bum on the floor.

Initially, my back and neck hurt a little.
And now my back hurts more than a little.
More than a lot, actually.

I don't like to complain about health stuff,
but this kind of pain should only occur
if you get a sweet, tiny baby at the end of it.
Instead, I have this G-d awful medicine
that takes the pain away but makes my stomach wonky.
And get this...it makes me really, super itchy and it makes my eyes feel all burny.
(I believe "burny" is the official medical term for it.)

But, thanks to my magical chiropractor, I can lay off the meds tonight
and perhaps even get away with going to bed with just a few Motrin.

In the meantime, I have doctor's orders to avoid 
any and all vacuuming, sweeping and laundry basket carrying.
I might have to fall down the stairs more often.








No comments: