Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Traveler's Tale

While searching my bookshelf for the first Harry Potter book that Ethan is so desperate for me to start reading to him, I stumbled across a hidden gem that I had entirely forgotten about. An old journal from my last year of college and early months of marriage.

I started reading through some of the entries and realized I'd kept a detailed account of my trip to Europe with my two roommates (S. and V.) our senior year of college. What fun we had together traipsing around the globe without a clue as to where we were going. As I read, I was stunned by how quickly all those memories materialized. Memories I didn't even know I'd forgotten. All the scenes, smells and sounds I'd carefully recorded resurfaced, effortlessly.

I am itching to share these journal entries with you, so please stay tuned!





No comments: